Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise #2

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:55:47 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

big snip
The ban on lead ammunition applies to areas of the state
within the condor range...

Hummm...no..I was not aware of it at all. Since Im inside the
range...Ill have to check into it.

Sorry to be the one telling you about this. I now suspect
this snuck through the legislature without much publicity.

snip
From a varminters blog.....

"There's another rimfire issue, and this one gives me cold sweats at
night. With all the attention being given to getting the lead out of
projectiles (the state of California may even ban leaded bullets),
what happens to the hapless .22 rimfire and the millions upon millions
of rimfire firearms and shooters if such a ban were imposed?...

I happened to come across that particular blog entry too.
Interesting reading and some good points were brought up.

snip
On a side note..I wonder if they realize that most bullet proof vests
are largely transparent to solid copper bullets?

And that a frangible bullet wound is not something you are going to
come back from?

I'm sure this aspect of the whole ban was given no thought
what-so-ever.

I can appreciate looking out for/protecting the Condors, but
I don't think this law will work out so well. Ready to move
back to Michigan yet? Not like we don't have our own
problems, but we can still shoot lead bullets (knock on
wood).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b