Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Thermostat Replacement (Lux brand)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:51:08 +0000 (UTC), "SteveB"
wrote:

[snip]

Be careful with the colors. I've lived in two houses where the
thermostat cable was spliced somewhere, and the colors on the wire
didn't match the colors labels on the thermostat. Very frustrating.

When I replaced my thermostat, I checked the connections (at the
thermostat), and wrote those on a label I stuck on the furnace (along
with the filter size, another piece of useful info).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."