Posted to sci.electronics.repair
james moffat james moffat is offline

Default Broken BENQ FP731 LCD Monitor

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:00:42 -0600, (Ken G.) wrote:

These things come in my shop and its suprizing how many different
branded ones all have the same insides .

I just fixed 3 Proview monitors that did exactly what yours does . Each
monitor had a weak capacitor on the inverter board .

Others i see have had several bad capacitors in the power supply .

couple of questions for this one.
I to have a benq with a back light problem and am as a fun project
trying to get it to work.
so I was wondering a: which caps should I be looking at that might be
faulty, and b: how to tell if it is in fact the back light that has
gone bad, and not the board. so I guess i am asking what the voltage
at the pin outs should be if the board is working, and the backlight
is not.
kallita
If you really want to talk to me - just eat the spam