Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Broken BENQ FP731 LCD Monitor

Hello,

I have a BENQ FP731 monitor that does not work correctly and was
wondering if it is worth fixing.

When you turn it on the power light comes on, you see the momentary
BENQ logo flash (screen looks normal) and a second of video from the
computer and then the screen goes black. When the screen is black the
power light stays on and is green, if you turn off the computer it
goes into yellow standy. I asume the signal section is working, but
something is shutting down the LCD. If I turn it off and turn it back
on with the power button it does the same logo + 1sec of video then
black screen again.

Any ideas? Is this a common fix?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 18, 10:15*pm, Powermac wrote:
Hello,

I have a BENQ FP731 monitor that does not work correctly and was
wondering if it is worth fixing.

When you turn it on the power light comes on, you see the momentary
BENQ logo flash (screen looks normal) and a second of video from the
computer and then the screen goes black. When the screen is black the
power light stays on and is green, if you turn off the computer it
goes into yellow standy. I asume the signal section is working, but
something is shutting down the LCD. If I turn it off and turn it back
on with the power button it does the same logo + 1sec of video then
black screen again.

Any ideas? Is this a common fix?

One other thing, I can see faint XP menu showing when I look at the
screen at specific angles so the backlight is just shut down I asume.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Powermac wrote:

On Jul 18, 10:15 pm, Powermac wrote:
Hello,

I have a BENQ FP731 monitor that does not work correctly and was
wondering if it is worth fixing.

When you turn it on the power light comes on, you see the momentary
BENQ logo flash (screen looks normal) and a second of video from the
computer and then the screen goes black. When the screen is black the
power light stays on and is green, if you turn off the computer it
goes into yellow standy. I asume the signal section is working, but
something is shutting down the LCD. If I turn it off and turn it back
on with the power button it does the same logo + 1sec of video then
black screen again.

Any ideas? Is this a common fix?

One other thing, I can see faint XP menu showing when I look at the
screen at specific angles so the backlight is just shut down I asume.

The HV inverter or the CFL tubes are going bad.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

These things come in my shop and its suprizing how many different
branded ones all have the same insides .

I just fixed 3 Proview monitors that did exactly what yours does . Each
monitor had a weak capacitor on the inverter board .

Others i see have had several bad capacitors in the power supply .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In these monitors, it is common that the backplane lamps and the backplane
power supply wears out. You can call or email the BenQ distributor for your
area to see if they would sell the parts, or supply service for your
monitor. In some of these screens depending on how they are designed, the
backplane lamps are not replaceable.

In most cases we found these monitors more feasible to replace than to
service.

--

JANA
_____

"Powermac" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a BENQ FP731 monitor that does not work correctly and was
wondering if it is worth fixing.

When you turn it on the power light comes on, you see the momentary
BENQ logo flash (screen looks normal) and a second of video from the
computer and then the screen goes black. When the screen is black the
power light stays on and is green, if you turn off the computer it
goes into yellow standy. I asume the signal section is working, but
something is shutting down the LCD. If I turn it off and turn it back
on with the power button it does the same logo + 1sec of video then
black screen again.

Any ideas? Is this a common fix?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 28, 3:31*pm, james moffat wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:00:42 -0600, (Ken G.) wrote:
These things come in my shop and its suprizing how many different
branded ones all have the same insides .

I just fixed 3 Proview monitors that did exactly what yours does . Each
monitor had a weak capacitor on the inverter board .

Others i see have had several bad capacitors in the power supply .

couple of questions for this one.
I to have a benq with a back light problem and am as a fun project
trying to get it to work.
so I was wondering a: which caps should I be looking at that might be
faulty, and b: how to tell if it is in fact the back light that has
gone bad, and not the board. so I guess i am asking what the voltage
at the pin outs should be if the board is working, and the backlight
is not.
kallita
If you really want to talk to me - just eat the spam

I fixed it, needed two shorted transisters replaced and a couple
capacitors.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT), Powermac
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I fixed it, needed two shorted transisters replaced and a couple
capacitors.

I had the same problem in a Dell monitor (rebadged Benq). It seems
that the 2SC5707 transistors are not an uncommon fault.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 2, 9:10*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT), Powermac
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I fixed it, needed two shorted transisters replaced and a couple
capacitors.

I had the same problem in a Dell monitor (rebadged Benq). It seems
that the 2SC5707 transistors are not an uncommon fault.

- Franc Zabkar

As long as it outlasts the warrenty the manufacturers don't care it
seems about build quality.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Also need to redo cracked solder on the inverter transformers or the
transistors will blow again

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 2, 5:03*pm, Powermac wrote:
[...]

capacitors.- Hide quoted text -

Do you have instruction and what capactors ( location and transitors
you changed and where to find them. I have the exact same problem and
want to fix it any help would be appriciated
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:52:23 -0700 (PDT), Ash
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Do you have instruction and what capactors ( location and transitors
you changed and where to find them. I have the exact same problem and
want to fix it any help would be appriciated

Change the 2SC5707 transistors and electrolytic caps in the inverter
section. Also check the 3A picofuse, and resolder all transformer
pins.

- Franc Zabkar