Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Default Solar/wind?

On 27 Jul 2008 18:14:10 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have a couple and have serviced several for other people. They all
contain the same peltier device, which is rated 5.5A at car battery
charging voltage. There maybe some larger cool boxes with two devices
in them.

Fairy Nuff, I was going from memory of reading the rating plates... Still
5.5A @ 14v is still the best part of 80W and bear in mind that 120W panel
will only do that in bright, full, sunshine... You'll probably still need
one that size to ensure that you have enough power when it's not full
bright sushine. And what about night time...

--
Cheers
Dave.