Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jordo jordo is offline

Default HDMI problem on RP JVC

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:55:44 GMT, jordo put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I'll hook up the computer again to the tv
to get the registry info for you. The TV is a JVC AV8P575.

Page 68 of the user manual ...

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/0...5/YA091ien.pdf

... states that ...

"The Digital-In [HDMI] terminal is not compatible with picture signals
of a personal computer."

I'd try a HDMI equipped DVD player.

In any case it still might be interesting to see what the EDID EEPROM
contains.

BTW, I believe your model is AV48P575, not AV8P575.

- Franc Zabkar

Hi Franc,

Yes, my model is the 48" version. My keyboard is on the way out and
sometimes keys don't work..

I knew that it wasnt supposed to hook up via PC, but it was the only
other option I had. I have also tried to hook up my cable box, but no
success.