Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo[_2_] Geo[_2_] is offline

Default "Frosted" glass - one side smooth - which way round?

Replying to everyone in one message to prevent clutter...

Amazingly unanimous response - although there was some domestic dispute here
about my utility/computer/workshop room being the dirtier side.

The previous glass had small cushion-like bulges on both sides. The frame is
symmetrical with mitred mouldings on both sides of the door. There was a small
amount of putty for seating between the outside wood moulding and the glass. The
paint was taken up on to the glass - but the door gets heavy use and has the
bronze draft strip which requires a firm closing action (slam). The paint seal
had cracked in two places about 1/4" long which was enough to allow water
through when we had the Easterly wet weather.

Toughend glass (gotta have that these days apparently) replacement was £15.50
for 605mm x 550mm. I will be using silicon gazing compound instead of putty to
hopefully get a better seal.

Thanks all.

Geo