Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Solar/wind?

On 2008-07-27 11:49:57 +0100, "R D S" said:

I have been thinking about getting a solar panel to keep a fridge runnning
and keep a battery charged while camping.
Has anyone any experience/opinions?

Also with energy prices being the way they are has anyone gone further than
this and installed solar in the home? Likewise with wind, a local electrical
supplier reckoned he could get me a 2kw turbine for approx £1500. At one
point I would have thought alternative power was prohibitively expensive but
now it looks as though it may sense.

It would do if it actually delivered on its promises. In fact it
falls way short and so is not viable at the scale and budget suggested.