Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Granite countertops. Radioactive?

Robatoy wrote in
:

NYC Subway works rather well, even for an outsider. It seems like the
only choice of getting in and out of Manhattan as parking fees are
just insane.

Yes, I drove in to Manhattan for a while (~30 years ago), but the wear and
tear on the system is just too much, even apart from the costs.

Interesting observation about subway technology. In Montreal, they run
on rubber tires, in Toronto, on regular railroad-style wheels.
Toronto's are quieter. (From an NRC Canada research finding, something
I discovered during my research there.)

The Paris rubber lines do seem quieter than the other lines, but I think
that track and equipment tolerances and upkeep are much more important to
perceived sound levels.

--
Best regards
Han