Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Granite countertops. Radioactive?

Robatoy wrote in news:49bf588d-fe2b-4be0-9806-
:

At some level, I'm sure that anything we dig up has some radiation,
'cept granma maybe.

I expect that anyone who was alive during the 50's and early 60's is more
radioactive than someone who died before 1945 or was born after 196whatever
when the test ban treaty went into effect (Google it yourself).

BTW, the fact that the granite under New York is of a type containing
rather more radioactivity shold not deter you from subsidizing the subway
mode of rapid transit.

--
Best regards
Han