Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise #2

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:41:57 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:
I'm going back to my bow.

I bought a box of bullets yesterday.

$21 for a box of 30 American Eagle .380

30 rd box????

Ive seen specialty ammo such as Glasers in short packs..but never seen
a 30 pack before

Hey Gunner,

Have you seen/heard anything about the copper bullet/lead
ban law in CA yet?

Must have been a slow news day in our local paper yesterday.
They ran an article very similar if not the same as this:

"Becky Davis, vice president of a Goleta ammunition
manufacturer, believes a ban on lead ammunition that takes
effect today in much of the state will have one very
noticeable impact on California sportsmen: They will bag
more deer.

"My suspicion is that they'll have a higher take rate this
year," said Davis, whose Custom Cartridge firm is one of
eight manufacturers to produce ammunition certified by state
regulators as lead-free.

The reason, she said, is that a copper bullet fired from a
good-quality cartridge "gives you a very high-quality,
humane kill."

The ban on lead ammunition applies to areas of the state
within the condor range, generally from the coast to the
eastern Sierra and from Stanislaus County on the north to
Los Angeles County on the south. It was signed into law last
fall by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, capping a years-long
campaign by conservationists to better protect the
California condor..." See:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/new...rs/?printer=1/

--
Leon Fisk