Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default "Frosted" glass - one side smooth - which way round?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Geo" wrote in message
Replacing a 38 year old glass pane in back door (I broke it removing old
putty).
The new glass is toughened and patterned on one side only.
Is there any convention/advantage for which way round it goes? Smooth side
in or
out?
I can't detect any difference in the obscurity either way.
I am inclined to put the smooth side out - since the reason for removing
the old
was pane (patterned both sides) was water penetration at the bottom.

It will be easier to clean outdoor muck off if you put the smooth to the
outside.

Yes, that's the conventional way to do it

David