Gfretwell

Default Why does Gorilla glue suck?

Try glues on the maple, side grain to side grain and you will
find that is not a maple or glue problem.

I have some failed side to side failures you can look at too. That was what
started this.
The "end grain" is in a mortise that is actually 3/8" deep" (I said 1/4
earlier).
These are typical joints I see everywhere.
I am about to shoot some stainless screws into these joints to save my $60 glue
up. :-)
So far the glue up is holding but the cut off pieces will easily fail

BTW this is Gorrila Glue's answer
"From: (Judy Tracy)

As far as we know, that wasn't a bad lot, but other than sending you another
bottle to try it again, I can't be of any more help. Most of the time the
glue fails, it has to do with moisture.
Judy