MJ Wallace

Default Can I save money on a shed if I build it?

john:

I went through this same problem a couple of years ago. I elected
to build because the local sheds (like TuffShed) were about
$1200 for the size I wanted and the materials for what I
wanted to build were about equal. However, my materials were WAY
better. Ceder siding, T&G ply flooring, etc. Also I had
some friends help which was fun and in the end, I also
justified some of the tools I bought to do the shed.

Would the shed gone up faster if I bought it from a
company? Yes, of course. Would it look better? Not
necessarily and I would have missed out on learning
a lot of carpentry. My time was not in the equation, since
I wrote it off as a learning experience.

I'd say, if you need it soon - buy it, but if you
want to learn and have fun learning - build it yourself!

MJ Wallace