Morgans

Default Why does Gorilla glue suck?

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
I just dampen one side of the
joint and only apply glue to the other side. I believe that is what the
directions on the container calls for

"...for hardwoods like oak or maple lightly dampen both surfaces"

The first time (edge to edge joint) I wiped them with a damp rag. The

joint I
pictured was misted with a spray a bottle.
Everything was cured overnight.
The only things common are the wood itself and the glue. I have a dialog

going
with gorillaglue.com.
Today I am going to glue up some other types of wood with this same glue.

Perhaps this is nothing new, but the joint has to be beyond perfect. Not a
hair (real hair) width's crack anywhere. Lots of clamp pressure, too.
--
Jim in NC--