Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Granite countertops. Radioactive?

"Kate" wrote in
:

"Robatoy" wrote

Looking at bacon under a microscope, running with scissors, yup, all
fall in that category.
I think that the interesting part was that there is a lot of
difference between origin and grades of granite.
Some of it, quite 'hot' compared to those levels allowed at nuclear
plants. (My oldest daughter is an operator at a 3500MW generating
station and she has shared some of knowledge her about 'safe' levels
of different radiations.)

But.... if you have a choice between NO emissions or 'some' emissions
from a countertop, it is my duty to inform the client.
The same way as I do when I strongly suggest the use of an acrylic
based product over a polyester based countertop.

At the same time, I don't think that the owners of granite are going
to give birth to three-headed lizards.

It was very interesting to say the least. Good information and I
learned something this morning.
It was particularly interesting since I have the granite out in my
garage all set to go into the kitchen in the next couple of weeks.
Luckily, I am way too old to be birthin' any more little lizards ;ŹD

Well, I got a copy of a newspaper, the Onion, dated July 24, which
announced "Queen Elizabeth II announces she's pregnant again"

Oh well, it's the Onion ...

--
Best regards
Han