Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Granite countertops. Radioactive?

David G. Nagel wrote:
Kate wrote:
"Did you know, that swallowing small amounts of saliva, over a long
period of time, causes cancer?"
George Carlin

That's about where I classify this sort of thing. If they tested
every square inch of our little worlds we would find that there is
no place safe. Those that are turned to jelly from something like
this will find some other benign element else to kill them
eventually - wind or rain or sun - oh yea - they already blamed
those.

K.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/ga...pagewanted=all

While we are on the subject of dangerious substances consider:

DIHYDROGEN MONOOXIDE: The vapor can cause sever burns, the
condensate
if
breathed can cause death by drowning and the solid form can freeze
body
tissue leading to loss of that tissue.

Also one of the components is a highly toxic gas that causes
convulsions at 1.6 bar pressure, leading to death if not promptly
treated.

BTW: DIHYDROGEN MONOOXIDE IS: H2O

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate