Posted to alt.home.repair
JayN JayN is offline

Default Pressure Reducing Valve really necessary?

So far I've had the gauge connected for over 12 hours. I've still yet
seen the red memory needle get above around 98, and it didn't stay
near there long. The pressure is probably averaging 85 or maybe upper
80s. It's higher than normal, but not extraordinarily high. I'm
wondering why they can't install a Watts PRV valve that allows
backflow rather than bothering with an expansion tank? According to
Watts the ones with a B suffix in the model number allow backflow from
thermal expansion.

It sounds like he is trying to void the warantee by having you sign
the statement. *I have never heard of that being done. * Call a
different plumber and see what they do.

Even 90 without the spikes is too high by far for normal household
appliances. *That is hard on all fixtures and especially valves such
as in washing machines and dish washers, sprinkler systems.

The $400 to install one plus surge tank seems high to me.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -