Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Bending Door Hinges?

wrote ...
On Jul 24, 6:09 am, "Swingman" wrote:

Don't count on many recognizing the term these days.

Swaging... I love it. Wait till I spring that one on the boys! I can
see it now. "Looks like you need to swage them sombitches a little
bit and you'll be fine". I can see the looks of panic when I start to
walk off.

Still chuckling...

Here ya go, Bro ... memorize the following, and for best effect, remove your
hat, genuflect, twist your countenance into serious sanctity, and bow your
head in piety before quoting:

"The term "swage" ( a common term in the art of door hinges) means the
offset of the axis of the knuckles of each
hingeplate from the plane of the respective hinge plate that enables the two
hinge plates to rotate to flush against one another.

..... that oughta really get 'em!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08