Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Source of compresed air

Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Bob AZ
wrote:

I heard some people simply use a spare car tire. I asked at Summit tools
(who carry all kinds of air stuff) if it is feasible to attach a hose and an
air gun to a tire, they did not think so. I really do not want/need a
full-sized compressor. A compresed air bottle seems a bit of an overkill.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Michael

An oxygen regulator with a Nitrogen stem, a hose and gun from Home
Depot and a tank of dry water pumped nitrogen. Mount the tank
carefully so it will not fall over. Maybe $50.00 total. The nitrogen
is usually a rental item. Perhaps 20 to change it once a year.

Bob AZ

So far..Bob has come up with the best idea. Though CO2 in the 25lb
bottle (soda fountain sized) may be a better deal. Its liquid in the
bottle, so it lasts a **** load of time, and a refill is $12.

A simple regulator. Wont ice up unless you lay on the air gun for a
minute or so.

Gunner

And for even more portable use there are ready made CO2 units that use
the small tanks like the ones used for paint ball guns. They include the
regulator a belt hanger hose and fittings. I have one that I use as an
emergency tire tank and to run various air tools. You don't want to run
something that takes a LOT of cfm for an extended period but for an
impact gun when your just breaking things loose it would be OK.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Life is not like a box of chocolates
it's more like a jar of jalapenos-
what you do today could burn your ass tomorrow!