Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bending Door Hinges?

On Jul 24, 6:15 pm, Tom Watson wrote:

Y'all oughta by yaself a beginning machinist's kit.

I'da thought that bullet swaging woulda done it for the purposes of
concept embracement... but I reckon I coulda been wrong.

We need to find language to deal with this phenomenon without getting
too sexual about it.

You go first...

OK... cogitated on this one a bit, but to no end. Thinking through
how a bullet is swaged threw me off my game, and it already went
somewhere it didn't need to go.

Let's see... you take a medium hard lead bullet, (jacketed with a
press) and lube it lightly, a quick pass with a little lubricant on
your fingers works fine. With experience you learn as to whether or
not you need to lubricate the hole inside the die, so you check that
as well, adding lube if needed.

With the tapered end of the bullet pointed at the hole in the sizing
die, you gently press the bullet into the die. Small pushes of steady
pressure ensure that you don't get anything out of alignment, which
will surely cause problems. When you are finished, you pull the die
and the bullet apart, and clean off the bullet with a quick wipe with
a soft rag to remove any excess lubricant or accumulated "stuff" from
the swaging.

Sitting here thinking of that whole process, it does seem to remind me
of something... hmmm... nope. Got nothing over here.

Your turn!

Robert