Posted to alt.home.repair
JayN JayN is offline

Default Pressure Reducing Valve really necessary?

I just bought a Watts pressure gauge at home depot and hooked it up
myself. The highest reading I got (from leaving it on maybe as long
as 5 minutes) was 90 PSI. Granted it's still high, but a heck of a
lot lower than 115. I will reconnect it at various times (such as
later tonight around 11pm) to see if the levels change.

I'm a lot more confortable without the PRV if it turns out the usual
overall level is 90 rather than 115. Question is why the plumber got
a reading of 115. I hope is reading was wrong.

Jeff

I would check the pressure myself. *115psi is very high. *Mine was 90psi and
I installed a prv to bring it down to a normal 55psi. *High pressure is
asking for problems.