Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default ATT follows the herd, and drops the rest of the alt groups.

PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.
I'm with AT&T, and my 11 subscribed alt groups are fine.

1. Mine started working again after I yelled at the tier-1 helpdesk drone
via the chatroom. So he was either clueless, or following tomorrow's
script and they may still go bye-bye. He did insist on following his
script and typing in the whole cover story about the child porn being the
supposed reason for dropping binaries. I had to keep interrupting and
telling him I wasn't talking about the binaries. (If they wanna costs,
just SAY they are cutting costs. Don't **** on my leg and tell me it is
raining.)

2. Which ATT?

The former Bellsouth. In a conversation with tech support on a different
issue, I asked when I could expect my domain name to change from
bellsouth.net to at&t.net and he didn't have a date, but said 'soon'.

Actually, I am still on sbcglobal.net
and I have a friend that is still on the
older ameritech.net. I have heard they
don't plan on changing us. Of
course, new people get att.net. BTW, I
am in the Chicago area.