Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ATT follows the herd, and drops the rest of the alt groups.

They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

So in the words of Les Nesman, we are off the air!

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

I'm with AT&T, and my 11 subscribed alt groups are fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

I'm with AT&T, and my 11 subscribed alt groups are fine.

1. Mine started working again after I yelled at the tier-1 helpdesk
drone via the chatroom. So he was either clueless, or following
tomorrow's script and they may still go bye-bye. He did insist on
following his script and typing in the whole cover story about the child
porn being the supposed reason for dropping binaries. I had to keep
interrupting and telling him I wasn't talking about the binaries. (If
they wanna costs, just SAY they are cutting costs. Don't **** on my leg
and tell me it is raining.)

2. Which ATT? They still haven't really combined all the various ATT
ISPs, but they are getting closer. (Look at the drop-down box on the
webmail interface for a list.)

aem sends, fingers crossed, but starting to look at news server web
pages....
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

I'm with AT&T, and my 11 subscribed alt groups are fine.

1. Mine started working again after I yelled at the tier-1 helpdesk drone
via the chatroom. So he was either clueless, or following tomorrow's
script and they may still go bye-bye. He did insist on following his
script and typing in the whole cover story about the child porn being the
supposed reason for dropping binaries. I had to keep interrupting and
telling him I wasn't talking about the binaries. (If they wanna costs,
just SAY they are cutting costs. Don't **** on my leg and tell me it is
raining.)

2. Which ATT?

The former Bellsouth. In a conversation with tech support on a different
issue, I asked when I could expect my domain name to change from
bellsouth.net to at&t.net and he didn't have a date, but said 'soon'.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:50:46 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

So in the words of Les Nesman, we are off the air!

Funny you should mention that.

I called ATT to ask about getting call forwarding added to my phone
service.

They, of course, asked who I used for my broadband. I told them I was
using Charter. They wanted to sell me a 6G package. I told them that
if they improved their Usenet service I might consider switching.

I still may switch, because it is a good deal without Usenet, but
Charter still offers unlimited binary Usenet access. (It is throttled
to 2-256k connections, but it works out to be 80G of binary free)

Any package that offers that would cost 15 bucks. I don't use 80G
most months, but some months I come close.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
PanHandler wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, I am still on sbcglobal.net
and I have a friend that is still on the
older ameritech.net. I have heard they
don't plan on changing us. Of
course, new people get att.net. BTW, I
am in the Chicago area.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

So in the words of Les Nesman, we are off the air!

--
aem sends...

Not here (at least not yet) I'm on ATT and reading the alt groups.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
They dropped binaries a week or two ago- looks like the rest of the alts
are gone now. This probably won't post.

So in the words of Les Nesman, we are off the air!

--
aem sends...

And some will be missed.

Others not.