Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gnack Nol Gnack Nol is offline

Default Gateway GM5066E help

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:00:02 -0500, redd wrote:

Looks like the bios automaticly reads what drives are connected and where.
I put the cable from the C: drive to the different SATA ports and bios
showed the drives on the port connected. Changing from Raid to IDE had no
effect. Looks like I have a bad new drive or cable. I saw a jumper on the
mother bd. close to the cable connectors but have no documentation so I
left it alone.

Quoted Snipped

Generally unlabled jumpers are dangerous, I really hate makers that go to
such lengths just to be difficult and avoid proper documentation.

If the drive refused to be recognised using the working drive's cable and
power connectors it's a safe bet it is in trouble. That's why substituting
a non working unit for the working unit is a very important step in
troubleshooting this.

Wanderer ( think I prevously forgot to include a sig sorry)