Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Source of compresed air

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
rvecommunications...
I find the need for a small jet of compressed air to blow out chips etc
from time to time. I am thus looking for a source of compressed air to
which some sort of air gun can be attached. It has to satisfy three
requirements:
1) It has to be cheap,
2) It has to take up little or no space,
3) It has to be cheap,

I heard some people simply use a spare car tire. I asked at Summit tools
(who carry all kinds of air stuff) if it is feasible to attach a hose and
an air gun to a tire, they did not think so. I really do not want/need a
full-sized compressor. A compresed air bottle seems a bit of an overkill.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I have no idea who Summit tools is, but for sure they have no idea of what
they speak - there are kits made to adapt a spare tire as you say, and there
are kits made to use an old freon (or propane) cylinder. just get a can,
fill with air and add air hose. what could be simpler?