Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default Source of compresed air

Michael Koblic wrote:

I find the need for a small jet of compressed air to blow out chips etc from
time to time. I am thus looking for a source of compressed air to which some
sort of air gun can be attached. It has to satisfy three requirements:
1) It has to be cheap,
2) It has to take up little or no space,
3) It has to be cheap,

I heard some people simply use a spare car tire. I asked at Summit tools
(who carry all kinds of air stuff) if it is feasible to attach a hose and an
air gun to a tire, they did not think so. I really do not want/need a
full-sized compressor. A compresed air bottle seems a bit of an overkill.

Any suggestions?

I have an old tire pump which I have fitted with an inflator needle (like you
blow up a football with) which I use exclusively for blowing chips out of
small holes I've tapped. Works great.

Grant