Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Source of compresed air

Michael Koblic wrote:

I find the need for a small jet of compressed air to blow out chips etc from
time to time. I am thus looking for a source of compressed air to which some
sort of air gun can be attached. It has to satisfy three requirements:
1) It has to be cheap,
2) It has to take up little or no space,
3) It has to be cheap,

I heard some people simply use a spare car tire. I asked at Summit tools
(who carry all kinds of air stuff) if it is feasible to attach a hose and an
air gun to a tire, they did not think so. I really do not want/need a
full-sized compressor. A compresed air bottle seems a bit of an overkill.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Honestly, by the time you come up with the odds and ands, buy the
fittings to put them together, air hose, etc. you'll be close to, or
over the cost of a complete little compressor complete with accessories.

Try this:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...000003+9 0401

Husky Husky 1.5 Gallon Air Scout Compressor

Model 41214

$99.99

Portable compressor perfect for use around the house. Comes with an
thirteen piece accessory kit.

1.5 Gallon Tank
135 Max PSI
Telescopic extension handle