Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default Source of compresed air

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:01:02 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

In article ommunications, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
I find the need for a small jet of compressed air to blow out chips etc from
time to time. I am thus looking for a source of compressed air to which some
sort of air gun can be attached. It has to satisfy three requirements:
1) It has to be cheap,
2) It has to take up little or no space,
3) It has to be cheap,

I heard some people simply use a spare car tire. I asked at Summit tools
(who carry all kinds of air stuff) if it is feasible to attach a hose and an
air gun to a tire, they did not think so. I really do not want/need a
full-sized compressor. A compresed air bottle seems a bit of an overkill.

The long term costs will mount, but I got along for years buying aerosol
"duster" cans. I bet you could get them cheap off of eBay, and a tiny
can goes a long way. Do a search on "duster can", and you'll get lots of
options. I'd stick with at least 10 oz cans (preferably larger).

Doug White

A big spare tire and the hose that comes with a Pontiac TransSport
with air assist shocks (to blow up tires with the suspension
compressor) would work fine. Blow the tire up to 50PSI at the service
station every couple of days, or get the kid busy with the foot pump.

I've even USED the foot pump to blow chips on occaision.
** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **