Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Pressure Reducing Valve really necessary?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:32:23 -0400, "jack" wrote:

I would check the pressure myself. 115psi is very high. Mine was 90psi and
I installed a prv to bring it down to a normal 55psi. High pressure is
asking for problems.

Yep. A home inspector; in his report, said pressure was to high and
that I needed a PRV.

I took several readings over a day to find the average pressure.
Keeping in mind (city water) the pressures dropped in the area after
folks came home and started using water for meals, bathing, etc...

I even challenged the inspector's gauge about accuracy. We were only
talking little difference so the house would sell....