Posted to sci.electronics.repair
redd redd is offline

Default Gateway GM5066E help

I haven't been able to enable the drive in BIOS. The SATA ports are just
read by the Bios, the cursor jumps past them when paging to the next line to
configure. But the c:hard drive drive is listed at SATA port 0

W.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:46:00 -0500, SXMWendell wrote:

I am adding another Hitachi HDT722525DLA380 that I want to Ghost to

this
drive since the origional is flaky.

I looked in BIOS and it is set to automaticly look for the drives but
doesn't show anything for this drive.

Ok here is what you do.

Make sure the SATA port you're trying to attach the drive to is enabled in
BIOS.

If it is enabled and the drive is not seen by the BIOS, swap cables and
attach the boot drive to the port. Is the boot drive seen?

If yes, swap cables only. Is the new drive seen now?

Yes - replace cable
No - replace drive.