Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Reverse tap?

On Jul 24, 10:34*am, Rod wrote:
Huge wrote:
On 2008-07-24, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
* *goodolpete wrote:
On my trailer I've got bolts holding the T+GV wood sides to the frame..
The bolts have shallow slots in the domed head. I can't get enough
purchase on some of them to get them out. I'm sure I remember
something called a reverse tap from when I worked in a tool shop
40 years ago. You drill a pilot hole and you screw this tap in anti-
clockwise, so when it stops drilling into the bolt, it starts
unscrewing
the bolt. Can anyone confirm or give me the correct name for it?
Commonly known as 'Easyout'.

Does Stelios know?

It would be quite pleasing to see/hear of Messrs. Peter Fonda, Dennis
Hopper and Terry Southern consulting Messrs. Sue, Grabbit & Run about
Stelios and the prior use of and ownership of 'similar' names.

Heard on R4 the other day, some curry house owner has given in after
being challenged over "Easycurry". He did comppound it IMHO by using
black, white and orange as the colour scheme, claiming that Chicken
Tikka Masala is orange.