Default Dado blade in circular saw

snip of scary question
Zaf wrote:
Assuming I can get the dado by the blade guard (or remove it), is
there any reason a dado blade will not work in a circular saw?

There are a few things to consider here, starting with your insurance
plan.
Dado blades come stacked or wobble, and really should be in a table saw.
I have a 7" wobble set up in a circular saw for when I'm feeling
reckless and just want to remove a bunch of wood in a hurry without
worrying much about neatness. It isn't pretty but it works, don't try
it unless you're pretty good size, the thing fights back and if it gets
away from you, parts of you will get away too. For accuracy a stacked
Dado is the only way to go and a circular saw probably will have too
short an arbor to use one safely.
Can it be done, yes. Should it be done, no.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: