Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Bending Door Hinges?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:46:28 -0800, "Rima Neas"
wrote:

I have a door (utility entry) that is tight against the hinge side, but gaps
against the strike side. Easy fix seems to be straightening the hinges a
little (where the flat meets the bend around the pin) so the leaves don't
touch as tightly, thus pushing the door over a little. Has anyone ever done
this and is there a good way to do it? 1/8" over will look perfect, but
that is more than you can get by putting shims under the hinge.

Cheers, Shawn

I always used to stick a nailset in between the hinge leaves and then
close the door until the gap got right.

Quick and dirty old carpenter's trick.

Tom (dirty old carpenter - not quick)

Regards, Tom.