Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Chan Jay Chan is offline

Default Maytag dryer timer never stops

On Jul 18, 12:44*pm, CS22 wrote:
I have a Maytag dryer, model LDE7304ACE (10-15 years old?) that works
fine except that the timer never stops. The dryer stops drying at the
right time, but the timer dial just keeps turning (and ticking). We've
been working around the problem by just unplugging it when we aren't
using it, and if it would cost a lot to fix (like buying a new timer),
I'd just as soon buy a new dryer since we've been thinking about
replacing our washer anyway. Any chance this is something easily and
cheaply fixed?

I have a 7-years old Maytag that has a similar problem. But the
problem only happens if we turn the timer dail above average / normal
level. The other difference is that the dryer never stop if we turn
the dial above normal level. We live with this by keeping the dial
right at or below normal; doing this way also saves us energy cost.

We have this problem from day one. We thought this is a "feature" to
encourage us to save energy. And I don't want to fix this.

Jay Chan