John McGaw

Default Why does Gorilla glue suck?

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Ken Yee" wrote in message

OK I tried this stuff again. I was using hard maple, I wet it down
good. I

Why did you wet it?
I never wet wood. Used gorilla glue in some wood repair. There's
no way those pieces of wood are coming apart :-)

Read the directions on the bottle. Gorilla Glue and or polyurethane glue
cures in the presence of moisture. Adding water speeds cure time.

But adding too much water, especially with a tight-grain wood like maple,
causes the glue to foam into nothingness and never get into the pores. If
the wood has 7-8% moisture content I've never had to add moisture and it has
always held fine for me even in some very difficult situations.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please