Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default Somewhat OT but has some metal content

On Jul 23, 8:25*am, "Bob's my cat" wrote:
On Jul 23, 4:50*am, " wrote:

I've seen this razor sharpening tool in the sto-https://www.saveabladesale.com/Default.aspx?mid=500487
and I'm hoping that someone who has used one would like to give me
their opinion of it.

Some of these 'Seen on TV' gadgets work really well but not ALL of
them do, according to what I read.

TIA

Lewis.

*****

It is interesting that they will tell you the "free" grooming kit
costs $5.95, but they won't tell you the actual cost of the main
product unless you give them your credit card number and address etc.
Sure there is a price in a big font, but it isn't what you'd have to
pay. I seriously doubt that the product is any better than the
marketing.
The whole idea seems suspect, stropping or honing from only one side,
with no control over the angle, doesn't seem like a great plan.
if you Google "save a blade" + opinion; you will find a number of not
so positive comments.

Thanks for your informative reply here, I appreciate it.

There didn't seem to be a lot of people who were happy with it, as you
pointed out but I have to wonder, did they really give it a fair try,
or were they more interested in criticizing the science behind it?

I think I'll go back to Walgreens again and check to see if it has any
kind of 'satisfaction' warranty.

Lewis.

*****