Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
R[_3_] R[_3_] is offline

Default Home insurance and metalworking

Michael Koblic wrote:
I have been away and my access to e-mail and newgroups was restricted.
It seems that the insurance company is happy not to raise my rates *as long
as I do all my soldering and welding at least 25 feet away from the house*.
I can see the welding but soldering? They are insane!

The negotiations continue..

Soldering to an underwriter, as they are looking at the rate rule book,
would also include silver soldering and brazing, in which you would be
using oxy/acetylene welding equipment, which is why the same 25 foot
rule for soldering.
If this is not in line with what you are doing, try reasoning with the
underwriter or his representative.
If, they are in the right frame of mind, they can be reasonable, as long
as they feel their butt is protected, from all those who may later
review their work on your file.
You may get a premises inspection from the underwriter.