Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT - Driving In France, new law!

wrote:
On 23 Jul,
Lobster wrote:

Never having (irretrievably) broken my specs since I was a kid I've
never really thought about the implications of breaking a pair when
miles away from home in the car; but this thread has made me think and
the above is a damned good idea! Will move my spare pair to the car this
morning!

I was in the same boat until about 15 years ago. Apart from the odd screw
coming loose, and forgetting where I'd put them the night before after
arriving back intoxicated, I had no problems since about age 15.

Then I took my daughter to swim in the sea, to prepare her for a lifesaving
test in open water. I didn't intend to swim, just go in, and left my glasses
on. Once in, I changed my mind and started to swim in th North sea, and
discovered I could no longer see. I then realised I hadn't been wearing my
prescription goggles, but my glasses.

I had to stagger to the phone in a nearby pub in order to get SWMBO to find??
suitable spare specs and drive the 30 miles to where I was. Fortunately we'd
just got a second car. I now have a spare pair in each car, and carry
additional spares as well.

I thought I was the only plonker who did things like lose glasses in the

--
Rod

onset.