Leon

Default Dado blade in circular saw

Yes you can do this. In fact, I have a dado set made for my circle saw.
The blades are about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. The holes on the dado set
are larger than the arbor on the saw. A set of various length sleeves come
with the set. The sleeves take up the space between the arbor and the
blades. For 2 blades you use the 1/4" sleeve more blades require a longer
sleeve. The dado blades fit inside the diameter of the guard.
Strictly rough cut results but handy for cutting half lap joints on 2 by 4
stock.

"Zaf" wrote in message
m...
Assuming I can get the dado by the blade guard (or remove it), is
there any reason a dado blade will not work in a circular saw?