Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default OT - Driving In France, new law!

nightjar cpb@ wrote:
"Dave Baker" wrote in message
"Peter Lynch" wrote in message

This has been in force in Spain for some time. When I went over
in 2006, I just bought a cheapo one from Lidl (about £2). A lot
of drivers there keep it slung over the back of the driver's seat.
(In spain you also have to carry a "danger" triangle, by law, too)

Mine is a Class 1 lightweight sleeved vest that simply tucks into the map
pocket behind the passenger's seat.

What's the difference between Class 1 and 2 (and any others?) - anyone
know if you need a particular type for driving in Europe?

Bit worried as I've just blown 1.78 GBP on a Class 2 hi-vis vest off
ebay having read about this: hope to God I haven't wasted my money... ;-)

David