Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default OT - Driving In France, new law!

On 23 Jul, 01:26, geoff wrote:
In message , writesOn 22 Jul,
* * "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:

with my eyesight, I would need one of the spare pairs to find
the main pair if I dropped them.

Being very short sighted and at the age reading glasses need to be strong, I
often take off my glasses in order to work on close objects. I usually put
them down in an obvious place, but occasionally I have to find the spare pair
in order to find the main ones.

At a time when that was the case for me also, I once put my glasses
down beside me. Some papers fell down on top of them, but I continued
working. Later, when I came to lift the papers to put them back on,
there they were -- gone! I moved everything in that corner of the room
but couldn't find them, and missed a meeting I was supposed to be at
that evening. In the end I had to get a new pair. It was only several
years later when I moved house that they emerged. Somehow, they had
jumped into a bookshelf and fallen behind some rarely-used books.

you need one of those cords so they can dangle ...

Speaking of which, you know the pathologist on one of the CSIs who has
a pair that snap together? How do they work? Magnets? The action is
always too fast on the screen to make out what happens.

Chris