Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default baseman flooding...

keep the dehumidifier going full force, keep the area closed off from the
outside.

"Botticeli" wrote in message
The water heater (boiler) started leaking water... We noticed the
flooding (it was just partial, 40% of a 4m.x6m baseman, partly
carpeted. We managed to take the water out, and sucked the water from
the rug using news papers (tons of it)

Now the carpet is almost dry, but still some areas are wet.

My question, at this point is:

1-Should I keep the de-humidifier on (It has been for three days)
2-Or should I put fans towards the wet areas and open the windows
(humidity outside is terrible -I live near Lake Ontario, Canada-, and
I am concern the humidity will make things worse.
3-Should I ripp (excuse my English) or pull out the old rug (is where
the humidity is more accute)...
4-If I don't see mold, am I ok?

Thanks!!!!

Botticelli