Edwin Pawlowski

Default jointer question

"Blake McCully" wrote in message
Well, I had an epiphany!! A jointer does the
same thing that a planer does, except it does it on the edges rather than
the face.

Sort of. It will do one edge and one face. The yo can use your table saw
for the other edge and the planer for the other face to get them both
parallel. Using a planer only, it is possible to get both faces flat, but
not parallel to each other.

Do a google search and you will find detail discussion of the purpose of
both tools.

OK, here's the question, thanks for your patience. If I am scrolling the
sides of a box, let's say, and I want to run the finished pieces through a
jointer, will I be successful if neither edge is "machined". Geez, I'm

not
sure I'm making sense. Anyway, I cut out the top and the bottom edge of a
box. They both turn out to be sorta wavy, if I put them through a

jointer,
will that work?

You want to run the finished box over the jointer? If it is narrow (less
than the width of the jointer), it may work, but I defer that question to to
others with more experience.

, please send me an answer to removing the
nospam first.

Nah, that's a PITA to do. Read it here.
Ed