Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Driving In France, new law!

"Dave Baker" wrote:

Also as I recall in Spain if you wear glasses you have to carry a spare pair
in the car. These rules seem bloody crazy to me. How likely is it that your
glasses will break during a single car journey? Maybe it makes more sense if
you're going over there on holiday for two weeks but every Spanish motorist
having to take two pairs of specs every time they go shopping is just
lunacy. It's no doubt been very good for the Spanish optician's industry
though.

It isn't crazy at all. I recall a weekend trip away with my son when
I broke my glasses ... my wife had to drive a 270 mile round trip to
bring me a spare pair. Now she makes sure I always take a spare pair
with me. I keep it in the car.