Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default OT - Driving In France, new law!

DavidM wrote:

In case you haven't heard (and I didn't know), just picked this up
from the Rover 75 and MG ZT Owners Club forum. A later post suggest
that it applies in most other European countries as well (except UK -
yet):

"A new law (applicable now) means any person planning to drive in
France must carry a reflective jacket from now on.

Does this new law define what the jacket must consist of. Most small van
drivers are issued with a reflective vest, does this cover that law?

Just done a test on mine and it can be rolled up to 6 inches long and
less than 3 inches in diam. I might just put it in the rear of my
drivers door pocket, since it takes up next to no room stood up tall.

Like others, I carry a full suit in the boot, in case I break down and
have to walk for a phone. I don't mind wet feet, I can get over that
providing my body is dry and out of the wind.

Dave