Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Productivity Problem

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:23:45 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:04:13 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

snip

I have Dandelions every year in my front yard, I should stop weeding,
treating and killing them and just accept them as them like death and taxes?

First, pick the young leaves in the spring and use them in salad. They're
really tasty and they give salad a nice tang. In Italian neighborhoods around
here you pay good money for cultivated ones. The ones in your yard are just as
good.

When they get a little older, pick the leaves and wash them well, and then
steam or boil them. They're better than spinach.

Later in the season you can dig up the plant and cut off both the leaves and
the root, leaving a little junction the size of a marble ("hearts of
dandelion"). These are a real delicacy, much like artichoke hearts. Be warned,
though: you have to wash the hell out of them to get the sand out. Steam or
boil.

Finally, if you're a real cheapskate, or curious, or if you like chicory in
your coffee, dig up the roots, scrub them well, and then roast them until
they're fairly dark, just barely lighter than commercially roasted coffee.
Grind up the roots and use like coffee. Dandelion is a close relative of
chicory.

Now, do you have any cattails on your property? Some parts are edible, you
know...

--
Ed Huntress

You forgot Dandelion wine!

It's too bad that my property is in perpetual shade by neighboring Maple trees.
I can't grow a single cherry tomato at home but at the factory we grow enough to
be sick of them by the end of the season.

Shade? Whats that?

It's what you find under the trailer. That dark spot.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed