Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default can you still get 4oz ball pein hammers?

"Joe" wrote in message
On 20 Jul 2008 00:27:24 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

O.K. I just went to the MSC site, did a search on "hammer", was
trying do decide which sub-category to hit when I noticed "Optical
Products" at the bottom of the search list, so I hit that, and found:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1652390&PMT4NO=46382014

as the only entry there. It is MSC's catalog number 00128553, and is
currently priced at $60.00 -- but you'll have to find someone to do the
engraving locally, since they don't offer that service. :-) It is on
page 1420 in the current Big Book.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Brilliant! A piece of glass mounted into a tool used to whack things.

Joe

I have one of those things that's now about 60 years old. It has a rubber
washer to hold the lens. I haven't used mine a lot, but it's in perfect
condition.

You aren't supposed to use it with a center punch. You use it with a light
prick punch.

--
Ed Huntress