Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Productivity Problem

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:59:40 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
.. .

Are you condoning corruption in the unions or anywhere else because:

"Corruption is the product of power and opportunity. No segment of
society is immune to the incentives for corruption, and no segment of
society is free of the kinds of greed and
ambition that lead some people to become corrupt. There are corrupt church
ministers as well as corrupt corporate treasurers and politicians."

Well, since there are corrupt church ministers...it's all OK???

SHAME ON YOU! Sorry, I can't condone it. Next, tell me my right/wrong
detector is too biased or politically incorrect; that I have no right to
form opinions about corruption.

Stop putting words in my mouth, Tom. I didn't say I condone it. What I said
was that if that's the reason you despise unions, then you'd better despise
every major institution in the US -- and the world, for that matter. You'd
might as well just hole up and hide out. Or if it really upsets you, you
could get involved with changing it...but that's a lot of work.

I'd be willing to bet that most of us here DO hold most of the people
in charge of those institutions in the highest contempt, Ed. Greed and
corruption are just _wrong_, no matter where they lie. We moralist and
idealists just can't palate it. If you can, well...fine. Just don't
push it on us. We're busy tilting at windmills. shrug

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---