Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT Sorta Maybe, maybe not

B A R R Y wrote in
:

Jack Stein wrote:

Well, for $50/month I get up to 6 email accounts, 2 for me and one
each for my wife and kids. I also get a free web address with each
of those where we can all create our own web page. Ken Vaughn who
posts here has a free page here (http://home.comcast.net/~kvaughn65/)

Good point. Come to think it, most all internet providers include
some sort of web space. Since I own a domain, I forget that most
access accounts include that. So in reality, just about anyone has an
easy and free method to share photos.

To clarify, the domain I pay $9 to host includes my own domain name,
lots of storage, and unlimited email addresses, and has nothing to do
with my provider. There's even a nice web-based email client. Since
I own the domain name, my email or web address doesn't change if I
change providers. I really don't need internet access at all to use
it. I can post to it or read my mail from any public access tube.

If I really felt binary usenet access was that important, I'd buy
access via the many providers, including Giganews, that's been posted
here. If I switched back to cable in my area, my bill would climb at
least $50/mo., We'd lose our favorite channels, and worse, I'd have to
teach my wife to use new equipment! G

I am sticking with Verizon as ISP, since unlimited US phone service,
20/5 Mbps internet, and Fios TV cost me ~$120/mo, including 2 STBs (no
HD yet). I bought 25GB on news.astraweb.com for $10, and have used in 1
month only 50 MB. I use Xnews (free), Eudora (now free), so I don't
really need Forte, APN or not. But to each his/her own!!!

--
Best regards
Han